TURN SELECT PANASONIC PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS INTO SUPER WEB CAMS FOR VIRTUAL MEETINGS
Many people are currently using web conferencing platforms like Microsoft Teams or Cisco’s Webex to have virtual meetings online and to do online collaborations. Most are using their laptop or desktop computer built-in webcams and microphones for video and audio capture. This approach is convenient but does not necessarily offer the most refined experience from a quality production point of view.
Recent news from Panasonic of the availability of Virtual USB Driver that supports selected Panasonic professional cameras is a welcome one. This means if you own any of the Panasonic models listed below, you can now start streaming up to 5 cameras on the network. This Virtual USB Driver conforms to the specifications of the USB Video Class (UVC) version 1.5 with H.264 codec, and currently works with Windows O/S 8.1 64-bit version and Windows O/S 10 64-bit version (sorry Mac users, no support yet of any Apple operating systems). The computer simply sees the registered camera as a webcam device and will be able to start streaming immediately. The cameras that currently can work with this Virtual USB Driver are:
- Panasonic AG-CX350 1 Inch MOS Sensor HDR Handheld Camcorder
- Panasonic AG-CX10 1/2.5 Inch MOS Sensor Handheld Camcorder
- Panasonic AJ-CX4000 1 Inch MOS Sensor B4 Mount HDR Full Size ENG Camera
- Panasonic AG-UMR20/AG-UCK20 POVCAM 1/2.3 Inch MOS Sensor Camera
- Panasonic AW-UE4 4K 1/2.3 Inch MOS Sensor ROI Camera
- Panasonic AW-HE42 1/2.3 Inch MOS Sensor HDR PTZ Camera
- Panasonic AW-UE100 1/2.5 Inch MOS Sensor PTZ Camera
- Panasonic AW-UE150 1 Inch MOS Sensor HDR PTZ Camera
There is a minimum system requirement for running this software. Please see specifications here:
- CPU: Core i5-7300U (2.60 GHz) and above
- Memory: 4GB and above
You can start downloading this free Virtual USB Driver software HERE.
Before running the software, it is also important to set up each camera you are planning to use with the appropriate H.264 stream settings. All instructions are included when you download the Virtual USB Driver. For further assistance, please call HD Source at 416-251-1571 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org