RED V-Raptor XL
RED V-Raptor XL
V-RAPTOR® XL 8K VV expands upon the most powerful and advanced RED® camera platform ever. Using RED’s new flagship sensor, V-RAPTOR XL leverages the industry proven V-RAPTOR® 8K VV sensor inside of a large-scale-production ready XL camera body.
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
V-RAPTOR XL is designed to support high-end television and motion picture productions as well as any filmmaker who requires an all-in-one solution.
- Dual voltage battery support offers compatibility with a wide range of common batteries found on set today, both 14 V batteries and high voltage 26 V V-Lock or Gold Mount options.
- 12 V and 24 V auxiliary power outputs allows camera assistants to power all the peripherals needed to do their job from one centralized place.
- Front facing 3G-SDI and 2-Pin 12 V power, as well as compatibility with the DSMC3™ RED® Touch 7.0” LCD, supports any camera operators viewing preference.
- Wireless timecode, genlock, and camera control, as well as four SDI outputs support the DIT, giving them access to everything they need at their cart.
- Built-in electronic ND allows cinematographers to precisely select their density in ¼, 1/3, and full stop increments, providing never before seen exposure and depth of field control inside a cinema camera of this level.
Additionally, the V-RAPTOR/V-RAPTOR® XL and the DSMC3 platform features advanced connectivity solutions which enable applications such as RED Connect for 8K R3D cinematic live streaming and remote record, remote control and monitoring, in-camera Frame.io integration, AWS direct upload, and more.
V-RAPTOR 8K VV SENSOR INSIDE
Featuring the same groundbreaking multi-format 8K sensor found inside the compact and modular V-RAPTOR body, the V-RAPTOR XL 8K VV has the ability to shoot 8K large format or 6K S35, unlocking the largest lens selection of any comparable camera on the market while allowing shooters the ability to always capture at over 4K. The sensor also boasts the highest recorded dynamic range and cleanest shadow performance of any RED camera. In addition, the V-RAPTOR sensor scan time is 2x faster than any previous RED camera and it allows users to capture up to 600 fps at 2K. V-RAPTOR XL will also continue to feature RED’s proprietary REDCODE RAW codec, allowing users to capture 16-bit RAW, and leverage RED’s latest IPP2 workflow and color management.